The week in fundie . . .
- The city council of Green Bay, Wisconsin, installs a nativity scene above the entrance to the city hall–simply to spite the Freedom From Religion Foundation and their “Madison values.” (The Carpetbagger Report)
- Middle-class parents in the UK are baptising their children late to ensure they are eligible for enrolment in tax-payer funded faith schools. (The Times)
- Won’t the real Mike Huckabee please stand up? The Nation uncovers the uber-fundie that is the Republican presidential candidate.
- “God’s Basic Training”–the Christianisation of the US military. (Military Religious Freedom Foundation)
- Pope Benedict: teh gay marriage is a “threat to world peace.” (365Gay.com)