The week in fundie . . .
- The stupid!! It burns!!! Upon hearing tell of visions of the Virgin Mary appearing in the sky, 50 Indians have burnt their retinas staring into the sun. (via Pharyngula)
- Britain is deporting two Iranian homosexuals on the grounds that “provided Iranians are discreet about their homosexuality, they will not be persecuted.” (via Dispatches from the Culture Wars)
- Gandalf teh Gay wants to destroy Baby Jesus!!!!!!!!! (Scotsman)
- A Catholic bishop in the UK likens criticism of Catholicism to Holocaust-denial, and demands that school libraries ban “anti-Catholic” books. (Independent)
- The same bishop furthers the case for putting a stop to funding sectarian schools with tax dollars (or pounds in this instance) by decreeing that crucifixes be hung in every classroom, and reality-based sex education be banned from every classroom. I say: let the Vatican fund his madrassahs. (Daily Mail)
UPDATE: Bruce has a compelling post on disturbing connections between the In God We Trust foundation (remember those “Why Do Atheists Hate America?” billboards?), dominionism and the modern incarnation of the Knights Templar. These aren’t your daddy’s neo-medievalist lunatics!