The week in fundie . . .
- A Turkish barber in Saudi Arabia has been sentenced to death for blasphemy. (Today’s Zaman)
- If you attack Ben Stein over his role in Expelled, it must be because he’s Jewish. (Bartholomew’s Notes on Religion)
- A Pentecostal bishop in the UK, who headed an organisation known as the “Christian Congress for Traditional Values” and who describes gays as “filthy perverts” and Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists as “foul heathens,” has resigned after admitting to an extra-marital affair. (Bartholomew’s Notes on Religion)
- Catch the Fire Ministries is still shilling for the Liberal Party (and is not above Aborigine-bashing as well).
- Catholitopia: update on the construction of Ave Maria, Florida. (Telegraph)
- From one fundie utopia to another: the raid on the west Texas ranch of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, sparked by a phone call for help by a 16-year old girl who had been beaten and raped by her 50-year old husband. (via Pharyngula)